Friday, May 21, 2010

A Setback

Just when things were going so smoothly.... The trusses were set to go on yesterday; then it was postponed to today; today, they were postponed to Monday--that's just when the crane was available--no big deal. Then, the framer realized today that the trusses were made wrong. They have been sitting on the site for 10 days and were the wrong size all along. A push is being made to have the new ones ready by Monday, but that is probably a dream. Oh, well. Steve and I are going to start on the electrical in the basement tomorrow. We can't run wire until the roof is on, but we can nail on boxes and drill holes for the wire. At least we can keep forging ahead on our part.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Awww- I know the feeling! In fact, I remember doing just that while we were waiting! Good luck with everything!